FRIENDLY VILLAGE HOMESTAY, CBT Baan Bo Suak
Nan is a fairly typical provincial city with a vast, interesting history, some impressive wats and a very good museum.
Welcome to Homestay Baan Bo Suak, the friendliness village. the small rural village located in Muang district, Nan Province. Staying in the village homestay, you can indulge in learning about local culture not just by being with the villagers, but also by seeing how locals live in a sustainable way.
Did you know what about the meaning of BO SUAK? In Thai Lanna Language BO is mean NOT and SUAK is mean FIERCENESS. That is why we can say BAAN BO SUAK is the Friendliness Village.
Activities and Experiences:
- Ancient Kiln site and Antique Wooden House Musuem.
This place was one of the significant glazed ceramics production sites in Lanna because its characteristics were different from the other places in Thailand. Near the kiln site located the musuem where they exhibit daily activities of the local people in past. It is also a source of knowledge on beliefs about the houses, architectures, tools and equipment necessary to daily basis.
- Pottery Workshop.
In the past, as Baan Bo Suak was a large and significant production site of earthenware in ancient Nan. We can learn how to make your pottery by clay. You will get your own master piece pottery back as souvenir.
- Weaver’s house.
Weaver’s house is where you can learn about how to do handcraft textiles. Here you can see all the process from cotton to be textiles. There are many unique textile patterns from BO SUAK such as Bo Suak pattern, Dao Lom Duean (star surrounding the moon), Nam Lai (flowing water). These handicraft textiles are precious souvenirs.
- Offering food to monks at Wat Bo Suak Temple.
Local host would prepare the food to you on the morning. Then you can go to the temple with your host to offer food to monks. This is the way of local life to making merit.
- Biking around the village.
You can do biking around the village to explore the way of local life and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Sightseeing in the town.
The provincial capital of Nan has a relaxed charm, an interesting history, some impressive temples, and a good museum. We will visit by the main attractions as Wat Phumin, Wat Chang Kam, Wat Ming Muang and Nan National Musuem.
Prices: Private Tour
*Rates are in THB.
All activities as mentioned (the activities are subject to change without prior notice, depend on the weather conditions)
- City tour including visit Wat Phumin, Wat Chang Kam, Wat Ming Muang and Musuem (Musuem closed until Nov 2015)
- Visit Pottery Musuem and workshop, visit weaving house and bike rental around the village
- Meals plan: Dinner on arrival day, fullboard on the second day and breakfast on departure day
- Roundtrip transfer Baan Bo Suak - Nan airport/Bus station (based on private vehicle) without guide (arrange by the community)
- Personal English speaking guide
- Accommodation at Homestay Baan Bo Suak
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals, transfers or tours that are not mentioned in the itinerary
- International/Domestic fligh ticket and all airport tax
Extra night at THB 1,000 net per person per night with full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner).